We at Tramontozzi Law wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday. As you travel, Don’t be a turkey; Drive safe!
Thanksgiving is the most traveled holiday of the year. This year will be busier than most. It is also one of the deadliest. Thanksgiving Eve is one of the busiest nights of the year for many bars and restaurants. In fact, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, between 2012 and 2016, 800 people died in alcohol-impaired accidents during Thanksgiving weekend. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, fifty (50) more people die in traffic crashes during Thanksgiving week than during any other week of the year. With this in mind, if you are travelling on the roadways, drive safe this weekend! It can save a life
Travel at a safe speed;
Be a focused driver; avoid being distracted;
Wear Your Seatbelt;
Buckle your children in the right seats for their age and size; and,
- Be prepared for all weather conditions;
- Ensure your vehicle is in good working order;
- Be aware of trucks, motorcycles, cyclists, and pedestrians; and,
- If you are travelling by motorcycle, take a look at these additional tips from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- Wear the proper protection;
- ride responsibly; and,
- Ride drug and alcohol free.
While we encourage you to drive safe, we want to direct you to some valuable information from past blogs.
As you take to the roads, remember, your good decisions can save a life!